Topic: Private albums

I don't want my albums to be public. I just wanna share with my family and friends. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Private albums

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'ivanoz')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"I don't want my albums to be public. I just wanna share with my family and friends. Any help will be appreciated.

Now it's possible to share private pictures with handle_url_tag('http://share.pho.to') service (you can easily set access level and each photo has an unique URL, not visible on your page).

But we are planning to make private web albums as well. Thank you for care.

The quest for the perfect product never ends!

Administrator wrote:

But we are planning to make private web albums as well.

Great smile, hope will be very soon made this important feature.

BTW, many thanks for your reply and kind rgds.

ivanoz

Last edited by ivanoz (2009-04-15 19:54:10)

How are the access levels set? and can these levels restrict photos from the public.  What is the latest on allowing private
albums?  Private albums will be a huge benefit.?

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Pho.to_admin')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

""

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'ivanoz')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"I don't want my albums to be public. I just wanna share with my family and friends. Any help will be appreciated.

Now it's possible to share private pictures with handle_url_tag('http://share.pho.to') service (you can easily set access level and each photo has an unique URL, not visible on your page).

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'JimR')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"How are the access levels set? and can these levels restrict photos from the public.  What is the latest on allowing private

Hi JimR!

Private albums are not available at the moment, but we'll soon open new service at Pho.to that will allow users to set visibility for albums and photos.

Administrator wrote:

But we are planning to make private web albums as well.

well, great, that's benefit

nicolo tè dua shummmè

I would love it if you made private web albums. There are a lot of sick people out there  sad

Yes, we are planning to make private albums in near future

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Pho.to_admin')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

""

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'JimR')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"How are the access levels set? and can these levels restrict photos from the public.  What is the latest on allowing private

Hi JimR!

Private albums are not available at the moment, but we'll soon open new service at Pho.to that will allow users to set visibility for albums and photos.

"

""

"I don't want my albums to be public. I just wanna share handle_url_tag('http://insulatedwaterbottlecarrier.com', 'insulated water bottle carrier') with my family and friends. Any help will be appreciated.

Hey found this great forum googling for private photo albums! I know this is a bit of a zombie thread, but can I ask if this has been implemented and what the details are?   big_smile

Please feel free to point my way to a FAQ on the service or where I can go to explore it. In particular I am looking for either a key-based security (so that I could take some photos I want to share with the family, pass it to a cousin, and then if they wanted to they could just pass the 'key' to one of their kids) or I guess maybe a special link would work like that too?

To be honest I'm not sure of exactly even what I want beyond the ability to keep photos private and share them with only whom I want, although it would ALSO be a nice feature if I could make a photo in a private set public (in other words, just one or two photos of an otherwise private photo album public).

Thanks!  cool

Hey found this great forum googling for private photo albums! I know this is a bit of a zombie thread, but can I ask if this has been implemented and what the details are?   big_smile

Please feel free to point my way to a FAQ on the service or where I can go to explore it. In particular I am looking for either a key-based security (so that I could take some photos I want to share with the family, pass it to a cousin, and then if they wanted to they could just pass the 'key' to one of their kids) or I guess maybe a special link would work like that too?

To be honest I'm not sure of exactly even what I want beyond the ability to keep photos private and share them with only whom I want, although it would ALSO be a nice feature if I could make a photo in a private set public (in other words, just one or two photos of an otherwise private photo album public).

Thanks!  cool

Hello!

In the handle_url_tag('http://share.pho.to') service the privacy is already performed. The unique URL on a photo acts like a key. So you can share this unique URL with only those people you want.

Unfortunately, setting privacy options for full albums is still in work. Now we are improving Pho.to users accounts to make them more convenient, for instance:
- user could load his userpic
- user could manage his photos and albums esily
- user will be able to comment others' photos and albums
- users will be able to talk with each other through the private messages.