Topic: Avatar yourself with new Avatar.Pho.to for free!
Want to create the coolest avatar? At handle_url_tag('http://avatar.pho.to', 'Avatar Photo! service') you can animate your face, put yourself in the matrix, see your face become a fun kaleidoscope, and much much more!
See how you can do it:
1) Open handle_url_tag('http://avatar.pho.to') page. You'll see the list of effects. Click on an effect preview to choose it. After this, you'll be immediately taken to step 2.
2) At step 2 you need to upload your photo. Click "From disk" to select a photo from your computer, or "Enter URL" to upload a picture via URL. You can also choose a picture from the list of samples, or from the list of your previously uploaded photos.
(For some effects, you will need to select more than one photo. In this case, select several photos one by one.)
3) Here you are!
The options to the left of the picture let you modify the result to your liking:
- adjust avatar size;
- choose the cropping mode (use only face or the whole image);
- disable animation in case you want a static avatar;
- adjust number of frames and animation speed;
- and add your text to the avatar.
Now you most probably want to save your avatar. It's easy and free - just choose the saving option you like more:
[*]Save to disk[/*]
[*]or Share it (even without registration! )[/*]
[*]or Save to account and host it on Pho.to site forever [/*]
When you Share your avatar or Save it to account, the site generates a page where your image will be stored in flash environment. It is very convenient: you can add a description to an image and get its embed code for easy posting on any site or blog. It is also possible to set the access for the image(if you don't want anybody to download your picture with a right-click ).
Tip: If you like the result and want others to see it, click "Share it" button on the panel to the right and make the picture available to site visitors.
If you want to apply another avatar effect to the same photo, click the "Change effect" button. If you want to try another photo with the same effect, click the "Change photo" button. If you want to start from the very beginning, click the "Start again" button.
Let us know what other effects you'd like to see. We will implement the most interesting ideas.
P.S. It seems like many people came to this topic wishing to make a Navi avatar from their photo.
Rigth like this:
handle_img_tag('http://stock1.pho.to/data1/7/c/4/7c40c8ea-9473-2d14-29a1-1d3a5defdc63.jpg', false) => handle_url_tag('http://share.pho.to/pB8E03', 'handle_img_tag('http://stock1.pho.to/data1/2/b/7/2b7c04cf-1a5a-0a54-c1b0-04a6ea132807.gif', false)')
You can make Na'vi avatar from your own photo for free in several seconds at the following pages:
1) handle_url_tag('http://avatar.pho.to/avatar/') - animated avatar
2) handle_url_tag('http://funny.pho.to/avatar/') - static avatar