Topic: photo editor & cloning

Dear Vicman:
   Love the software and have been using it for YEARS.  I saw at the older site that in photo editor 8.1 there was a cloning feature.  It was supposed to be an upgrade that you had to buy.  Is this still the case?  If not, is it included in vers 8.1?
   Also, wondering if there is a place that ideas can be suggested?  I'm going to go take a look around to see.

THANKS!!!  Artressa :-)

Re: photo editor & cloning

Hi Artressa!

VCW VicMan's Photo Editor is an old program that is not developed or supported any more. So the last avaliable version is 8.1 and it's free for downloading on handle_url_tag('http://www.vicman.net', 'www.vicman.net'). Sorry, but it will not be upgraded and now we will only develop handle_url_tag('http://editor.pho.to', 'Photo! Editor') product.
Your suggestins for these software are welcome!

The quest for the perfect product never ends!

I would love to see Photo! Editor have a feature that I had in an ancient 1998 photo program that came with a scanner.  In that program it was possible to copy a selection and move it and merge it into a different area of the photo.  Thus if I had photographed a text page and part of the background was dark instead of white, I could cut a white section from another area and put it into the dark area where I needed to correct the shadow.  I've not seen a program since then that would do this.  That program would also clone with either regular or airbrush.  It was called something Express 2.0 but as I said it was a program that came with a scanner that I bought in 1998.  I've looked ever since for something with those capabilities.  This program wasn't a complicated program either, very simple, no layers etc.

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Spiritwolf')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"I would love to see Photo! Editor have a feature that I had in an ancient 1998 photo program that came with a scanner.  In that program it was possible to copy a selection and move it and merge it into a different area of the photo.  Thus if I had photographed a text page and part of the background was dark instead of white, I could cut a white section from another area and put it into the dark area where I needed to correct the shadow.  I've not seen a program since then that would do this.  That program would also clone with either regular or airbrush.  It was called something Express 2.0 but as I said it was a program that came with a scanner that I bought in 1998.  I've looked ever since for something with those capabilities.  This program wasn't a complicated program either, very simple, no layers etc.

i think i know it...... i got mine with my camera for the pc   "ulead, photo express" i have it and yes this shit works like a charm......lol

Hi. Thank you for the opportunity to change our photos with this programe.I liked it a lot.
I just want to know how can I delete the photos, which I uploaded or made, but don't want them, and don't want them to be visable to everybody. I would appericiet the help. thank you.

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'gayan')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"Hi. Thank you for the opportunity to change our photos with this programe.I liked it a lot.
I just want to know how can I delete the photos, which I uploaded or made, but don't want them, and don't want them to be visable to everybody. I would appericiet the help. thank you.

Hi Gayan!

Thank you for appreciation!!

Yes, you  can delete the photos and separate images from Pho.to web site (read the topic - handle_url_tag('http://pho.to/forum/viewtopic.php?id=249)'). Soon we plan to make private albums and photos as well.

The quest for the perfect product never ends!

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'striker')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

""

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Spiritwolf')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"I would love to see Photo! Editor have a feature that I had in an ancient 1998 photo program that came with a scanner.  In that program it was possible to copy a selection and move it and merge it into a different area of the photo.  Thus if I had photographed a text page and part of the background was dark instead of white, I could cut a white section from another area and put it into the dark area where I needed to correct the shadow.  I've not seen a program since then that would do this.  That program would also clone with either regular or airbrush.  It was called something Express 2.0 but as I said it was a program that came with a scanner that I bought in 1998.  I've looked ever since for something with those capabilities.  This program wasn't a complicated program either, very simple, no layers etc.

i think i know it...... i got mine with my camera for the pc   "ulead, photo express" i have it and yes this shit works like a charm......lol

You're right, its Ulead Photo Express 2.0, I got it when I bought a scanner back in 1998 and have had to use it ever since then for cloning(copying and pasting selected areas of a photo to other areas).  I've never yet found anything else that can do this so I STILL continue to have to use Ulead Photo Express 2.0 from 1998, for that purpose.  I'm surprised that even after 12 years, there's nothing else like its cloning ability out there.

Thats very true, I do have the same photo editor from 1989 when I bought mustek scanner. I still find it very useful and very user friendly. though I'm trying to explore pho.to to get a better idea on photo editing and enhancing. smile