Topic: free and paid keys for Photo! Editor Platform

First of all I want to explain what Photo! Editor platform is. It's a tool for your web site to provide your users with online photo editing tools. Note, that all the operations are executed online and not on your server, but on our handle_url_tag('http://pho.to') server. So you just send a request to our server and get the answer with result.
We have decided to make two types of free keys and one type of paid key.

Here are the available types of free keys:

1) the first type of free key implies that the resulting photos will be marked with "Pho.to" watermark

2) the second type of free key implies no limitations: resulting photos will not be marked with our watermark. You send a photo processing request to our server and then you redirect your user to a Pho.to web site page. On this page user may be asked to enter CAPTCHA (it will happen from time to time to protect the server from hackers). Then a user will be automatically redirected to the address, specified in your request (the web site owner determines this address).
If a paid key is used, resulting images will not be marked with "Pho.to" logo. Besides, your users will not be asked to enter CAPTCHA. The cost of paid key is calculated individually depeding on a month activity.

Each key is given for a service (web site owner). Then a web site owner will send this key in each request (so that we could recognize where the request came from). You need to apply for a key only once and then use it as long as you need.
A key can be protected by setting a list of hosts (web sites) where you allow to use your key.

Last edited by Pho.to_admin (2008-11-11 14:19:17)

The quest for the perfect product never ends!

Re: free and paid keys for Photo! Editor Platform

Hi!

I liked online Photo editor.
As I understood, I can place this functionality on my own site? (is that what you call Platform?)
I was looking for such a system for a long time, so it is wonderful you can do it!

I've downloaded and learned SDK. So, I learned I should get a key to prepare POST- or GET- requests.
Also, there are two types of keys - free and paid. Free key is anough for me. Should I get it once or should my site's visitors get a key (one per visitor)? And also - how can I get it? I didn't understand it by SDK and description on pho.to site. sad

Hi dear user!

Why are you angry wink ?

Yes, you can place the functionality of Online Photo! Editor on your own site. This will not require a lot of your server's resources, you just need to organize requests.

You should get a free key at once and either the resulting photos will be marked with out "Pho.to" watermark or your users will be redirected on our site for a while and then again returned to yours.

So to adopt a platform now you need to contact us at pr@vicman.net and we will give you more detailed instructions (sorry, but creating a final platform SDK is still in process, so we'd better explain you the procedure by e-mail).

We hope it will be a great start up!

The quest for the perfect product never ends!

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'angry_user')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

" Should I get it once or should my site's visitors get a key (one per visitor)? And also - how can I get it? I didn't understand it by SDK and description on pho.to site. sad

Hi!
You can get you key only once. Also this key can be linked with the host of your service. Please wait for a while we will open the key generating pages within 1-2 days.

Thanks for quick replies! I'll wait for free key publication.

Btw, you wrote

You should get a free key at once and either the resulting photos will be marked with out "Pho.to" watermark or your users will be redirected on our site for a while and then again returned to yours

Does it mean I'll be able to use your service on my site without any key at all (but with above limitations)?

Also, I see the platform is progressing now dramatically. It's wonderful! So, I've got a question - if I embed the product on my site now, will your changes appear on my site automatically? If no, do you plan to implement that feature? (In any case, I'm ready to update my site time to time for the best version of photo editor.)

Last edited by angry_user (2008-11-12 06:52:19)

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'angry_user')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"Does it mean I'll be able to use your service on my site without any key at all (but with above limitations)?

Also, I see the platform is progressing now dramatically. It's wonderful! So, I've got a question - if I embed the product on my site now, will your changes appear on my site automatically? If no, do you plan to implement that feature? (In any case, I'm ready to update my site time to time for the best version of photo editor.)

The key of your service must present in any request.

Yes,  changes will automatically appear on your site.