Skip to forum content

Pho.to Community

A photo geek or just a photography beginner? Ask, discuss, explore!

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields labelled (Required) must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information
[b][i][u][url][email][img][list][*][quote][code][color=]
:) :| :( :D :o ;) :/ :P :lol: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:
Optional post settings

Topic review (newest first)

I find that almost all redeye programs only detect the color red. This is not the case for color blinded handle_url_tag('http://www.dogbuffs.com', 'dog and cat supplements'): (They have bluish or yellow reflections. Is there an easy and quick means of removing this so called "redeye" reflection for animal photos?

GIMP is useful for this. Just use the fuzzy select tool and pick out the pupils. Apply it only to the channel that has the best contrast between iris and pupil. Usually this is the green channel.

Bring up the Layers dialog (Ctrl+L) and click on the Channels tab. Turn off visibility for the Red channel by clicking on the "eye" next to it. Then deselect the Red and Blue channels by clicking on them.

The Layers dialog should look like at right, with only the Green channel highlighted. Double-click the fuzzy select tool to see the tool options. You'll need to experiment with the Threshold setting, but generally you'll want to increase it from the default. You should also check the Feather option and give it a small amount as shown.

Now click on the red part of one pupil. You should see it select most of the pupil. If it doesn't, clear the selection (Shift+Ctrl+A), increase the Threshold value slightly and try again. Conversely, if areas outside the pupil are selected, clear the selection, reduce the Threshold and try again.

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Spiritwolf')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"There IS a way to do it manually, using the healing brush in makeup tools if you have a suitable color to use that is located elsewhere in the photo.  You can right click on the suitable color and then left click on the area to be fixed and follow the healing process instructions to modify the red eye this way.

Thank you for the solution Spiritwolf!
Very good idea ))

There IS a way to do it manually, using the healing brush in makeup tools if you have a suitable color to use that is located elsewhere in the photo.  You can right click on the suitable color and then left click on the area to be fixed and follow the healing process instructions to modify the red eye this way.

"

".str_replace(array('[', '\"'), array('[', '"'), 'Thomas Washburn')." ".$lang_common['wrote'].":

"I find that almost all redeye programs only detect the color red. This is not the case for color blinded dogs and cats. sad:(They have bluish or yellow reflections. Is there an easy and quick means of removing this so called "redeye" reflection for animal photos?

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

I have just joined the forum and already have found several very useful programs and comments.

Keep up the good work!!!;):P:P:)

Welcome to our forum, Thomas!

Sorry, but non of our products remove such defect. I know that Photoshop can (by manual correction). Also there is rather good software paint.net but also with ability to correct 'red eyes' manually.

I find that almost all redeye programs only detect the color red. This is not the case for color blinded dogs and cats. sad:(They have bluish or yellow reflections. Is there an easy and quick means of removing this so called "redeye" reflection for animal photos?

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

I have just joined the forum and already have found several very useful programs and comments.

Keep up the good work!!!;):P:P:)

Currently installed 11 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.

[ Generated in 0.029 seconds, 7 queries executed ]